1. The U.S. continues to be an attractive investment destination for commercial real estate investors as a result of commercial fundamentals remaining on an upward trend,boosted by solid employment gains.
2. Small cap markets have beneﬁted from increased visibility and capital inﬂow, as growing local economies and higher investment yields provide diversiﬁcation to investors.
3. The Commercial ALERT report, commissioned by NAR, explores potential roadblocks that could impact the commercial real estate industry in the coming years. Members can download the report for free at nar.realtor/commercial.
4. Xceligent™ continues to expand its research areas to encompass the top-tier commercial markets in the U.S. and is working with NAR’s Research team to better analyze commercial trends.
5. The following emerging commercial real estate trends have the most potential for market impact: experiential retail, shared oﬃce, predictive analytics & investment, dynamic land-use initiatives, and evolution of supply-chain and warehousing in the industrial sector.
6. Three federal issues facing NAR lobbyists: congressional reluctance to address internet sales tax fairness, the potential for Dodd-Frank regulatory reform or the extension of the 1031 ‘like-kind’ exchange in this congress, and the challenges of adapting to the new administration.
7. Issues that continue to bedevil property managers: negotiating service animal requests, combating rent control, navigating marijuana policies in residential and commercial properties, and a need for guidelines from HUD on criminal background checks.