On Monday, September 25, CARW welcomed Jim Paetsch, Vice President of Corporate Retention and Attraction for Milwaukee 7 (M7), to discuss how they market the region. With a room full of CARW members & affiliates, Jim presented great overview of the current state of our region, highlighting strong suits, manufacturing power, and strategy regarding Foxconn. Some major talking points throughout his presentation included: analysis of regional workforce, opportunities for industrial growth, and recruiting tactics regarding Foxconn.
Some take-aways from this discussion:
- Strongest suits of SE region: Electrical, Manufacturing, Food & Beverage, Water Technology
- Highest concentration of manufacturing employment in the U.S.
- Foxconn confident in filling job positions, based on regional LQ scores
- Roughly 3,000-4,000 of the 13,000 jobs generated by Foxconn will be engineers
- Foxconn recruitment process focused on new graduates
Our members in attendance were very engaged in these topics and the insight Jim provided for them. Jim ended our Lunch & Learn session with Q&A, fielding numerous questions, many regarding Foxconn strategy and new developments. Jim was happy to field all the questions asked.
If you have any questions regarding Jim’s presentation, please contact him at the information listed below.
Vice President – Corporate Relocation, Expansion & Attraction
Office: (414) 287-4171
Cell: (414) 698-9016
Email: [email protected]