September is REALTOR Safety Month! REALTOR Safety involves protecting yourself as a practitioner to protecting others around you. Every REALTOR shares in the responsibility of communicating with clients and those around them about the importance of practicing safely. Annually, the National Association of REALTORS conducts a survey to determine the state of members’ thoughts on REALTOR safety. Also – did you know that NAR provides countless resources for you to use when communicating about safe REALTOR practices?
Connect with the links below and review the latest findings from the 2022 survey:
- The typical commercial respondent meets prospective clients whom they’ve never met before either at their office or in a neutral location 58% of the time.
- 66% have personal safety protocols in place that they follow with every client. This is more likely among females (75%) than among males (59%).
- 45% of commercial REALTORS® said that they have participated in a self-defense class.
- 50% of men and 59% of women carry a self-defense weapon or tool.
- Among those who participated in a REALTOR® Safety course, 76% said they feel more prepared for unknown situations after taking a REALTOR® Safety course.
Click HERE for the 2022 survey
Click HERE for the REALTOR safety resource page