On Monday, Nov. 13, CARW welcomed Rick Andritsch, Partner, Vice President of Business Development at VJS Construction Services to discuss his expertise on the topic of “Construction Delivery Methods.” Rick presented to a group of nearly 60 commercial real estate professionals, providing an in-depth discussion of project and delivery method drivers.
Some key take-a-ways from this discussion:
- No matter the method chosen, collaboration up front with all parties creates a much smoother process.
- All parties have the responsibility to ask up-front questions to better understand what aspects of the project are most important to your owner to help choose the most suitable method for their project.
- The use of the Design Build method is growing; General Contractor method use is declining.
- The Southeast WI region has an abundance of sophisticated subcontractors, as well as engineers.
- The key to prefab is knowing you want to do it, and then getting it designed upfront.
- The Construction Management method is best suited for prefab process.
Our members in attendance were very engaged in these topics and the insights Rick provided. Andritsch ended the Lunch & Learn session with Q&A, fielding numerous questions, many regarding the advantages and disadvantages of delivery methods and how to best communicate with clients. Rick was happy to field and elaborate on all the questions asked.
CLICK HERE to view the PowerPoint presentation.