On Friday, August 7th we held a virtual All Member Meeting to provide updates on CARW, address some frequently asked questions and provide clarity on the Board’s focus moving into 2020/21. The video from the session is attached and the powerpoint slides linked as well.
Several items of note:
- Our organization is stronger than ever – Coronavirus disruptions have changed the way we look at our operations but has not altered our purpose of connecting, informing, advocating and educating;
- CARW large-scale events through November will be held virtually; with some small group networking opportunities for those who care to. Survey and one on one feedback is guiding those decisions;
- CARW Foundation has launched. The first opportunity to donate will be at the CARW golf outing on August 17: LINK
- REALTORS must complete 18 hours of CE before December 15, 2020. On demand classes are available through WRA and in-person classes will be held with CARW September 9, November 4 and November 11. Seating for live courses will be limited to ensure proper social distancing: LINK
- REALTOR license must be renewed by December 31 through DSPS – this is separate from your REALTOR dues; LINK
- Payment plans for REALTORS will be launched on September 15th – this allows members to pay dues in installments.
- Deal of the Year submissions are due September 1st! LINK
- You are the reason we are here – your feedback and input are welcomed and appreciated.
This has been an unusual year to serve as Chair for CARW but it has been rewarding nonetheless. We have a few months to go before we turn over the reins at the Annual Meeting, October 14th.
Until then, we have a lot of work to do and I am grateful for the opportunity to serve. Please send me a note to let me know how you are; looking forward to catching up in person very soon.
All the best,