CARW NextGenners heard from three economic development experts on Tuesday, August 9, 2022. Thanks to Dane Checolinski (NAI Pfefferle), Rebecca Gries (Milwaukee 7), and NextGen graduate Calli Berg (Milwaukee County) moderated by Michael Testa (Ogden). Our panelists discussed the differences between economic development in different areas of the state (local, municipal, regional, etc.), technological advances, prospecting, and disruptors of the industry.
Some of the best takeaways for personal development and our industry included:
- Be patient!
- Automation will play a big part in future economic development.
- Each layer of economic development is different between local, municipal, and state levels.
- Get a real estate broker involved in a deal earlier rather than later.
- Do your homework when presenting a project.
- Learn from your experiences and failures.
- Use your local network and resources to get answers you may not have right away.