On January 8th, the CARW NextGen class kicked off the year with a panel of Commercial Real Estate Developers. A huge thanks to Stewart Wangard (Wangard Partners), Jerry Franke (Franke Development Advisors, LLC) and Tim Gokhman (New Land Enterprises, LLP). The panel was moderated by CARW NextGen graduate and committee member; Mike Testa (Wangard Partners). The panelists discussed the most challenging and rewarding aspects of their job, industry advice, stories about the game of monopoly… and much more!
- The one thing you have is your reputation and the one thing you don’t want to be tarnished is your reputation, so admit your mistakes!
- There is no stupid question.
- Reach out to others in the industry. People are happy to share their knowledge!
- Competitors can become a mentor.
- Start leading as a generation by getting involved in committees and boards. Pick a passion, figure out what drives you and get involved with your community.
- Develop a great network earlier on in life in your community. Milwaukee is a big enough city that feels small enough to be able to build that network.
- Send thank you notes.. handwritten notes! (not an email or text message)
Each month, the NextGen group will gather to hear from a panel representing a variety of disciplines. In February, the group will be joined by Brokers.