This year’s NextGen Class is underway. On Tuesday evening, members of the class heard from Brokers in the industry including Jim Larkin (Colliers), Dan Cohen (MId-America Real Estate) and Jenna Maguire (Founders 3 Real Estate). The panel was moderated by Mike Testa (Ogden). Several themes wove through the discussion including:
- Time management is so important – have enough structure to give purpose, but leave time for opportunity
- You are your own CEO
- Know what drives you and choose which area of CRE you want to work in
- Nothing ‘just happens’ – patience is very important
- Commercial Real Estate is hard work – you need to learn the business
- The job is very flexible but it takes a ton of discipline
- This is a relationship business
- All sectors have great opportunity
- All sectors have unique challenges and are very different
- Reach out to others in the industry – across firms and across sectors – everyone wants to help!
- You never know where your deals are going to come from – be open and ready to recognize the opportunity!
Find out more about NextGen, presented by Founders 3 Real Estate HERE