NAR has joined the Build by the 4th of July Coalition, spearheaded by The U.S. Chamber of Commerce and the Bipartisan Policy Council. The purpose of the Coalition is to spur Congress to pass legislation that will:
- Repair and update our crumbling infrastructure
- Stimulate our economy and create middle-class sustaining jobs
- Address climate change
- Promote fiscally and environmentally responsible policies
- Improve federal project approvals
- Address the digital divide
Making these changes will repair our crumbling roads, bridges and transit and the current gridlock in our major economic hubs that harm our productivity, global competitiveness and quality of life. It will propel public and private efforts to decarbonize our economy in a meaningful way, address infrastructure challenges with both manmade and natural solutions, and close the digital divide by expanding broadband and internet access. This effort will also spur economic development and real estate investments.