NAR is introducing M1 Members First – a new member engagement system to eventually replace NRDS.
Beginning January 22, 2021 – NAR will verify the accuracy of the member’s email field (M1 field Business Email) as stored at NAR. The NAR system will send a Verification Notice to the member’s email within the NAR member record, and be asked to click a link to verify the email is ‘real’ and working. This is not a scam.
When asked to verify you will see the following:
The purpose is to make sure the member data used by their local associations, state associations, and national associations are accurate.
NAR will email the following REALTOR members:
- Existing members – NAR will begin to send verification January 22, 2021 – 100,000 per day
- New Members entered into iMIS
- Reinstated Members entered into iMIS
- Local Association changes to the email field in iMIS
- Members changing the NAR Profile at nar. realtor
- Members changing the WRA Profile at wra.org
NAR will store the result of whether or not the email has been verified and displayed in the NAR M1 database.
Below is the content of the email prompting the member to “Verify Email Address”: