- Calculating Value for Investment and Rental Properties: The most common question when working with rental real estate for sale is “what is it worth?” This class explains how to answer this question using an understanding of the financial models underlying the value of rental properties. Both conceptual and mathematical processes used by investors will be explored.
- The Role of Demographics and Market Data in Commercial Real Estate: Access to market data, both “big data” and local data is vital when working with commercial real estate. This class discusses the importance of recognizing trends in trade areas and markets, as well as the importance of demographics and psychographics in the decision – making process of owners and developers of rental real estate.
- Splitting Profits in Commercial Real Estate: This 90-minute online course is for commercial real estate professionals who work with equity partners. Students will discuss and model various methods of sharing the wealth in transactions. After the course, students will be able to model profit splits among investors, developers, promoters, and other transaction parties. In addition, all students will receive Excel templates and models to use for actual transactions.
- Leasing Commercial Real Estate: Whether you own rental property or lease it on behalf of the owner, there are certain clauses and understandings vital to using this process to create value. In this class, important lease terms and clauses will be discussed and the importance of each to the owner, the tenant, and the asset.
- Developing your Commercial Real Estate Business: Developing contacts and business in the commercial real estate market is a very different process than developing business in the residential market.This class pinpoints proven techniques and procedures to build a solid book of commercial business in all property types, leasing, and sales.
For questions about how these courses operate, contact us at the Association Office.