Kenosha is the fourth largest city in Wisconsin with more than 100,000 residents. We are actively transforming from alegacy of auto manufacturing to a diverse economy driven by advanced manufacturing, logistics, and a focus on innovationacross all business sectors. The department of City Development is at the heart.
The Community Development Specialist will have an opportunity to play a lead role in planning and implementing development and redevelopment projects utilizing a range of tools including Tax Incremental Financing (TIF), Redevelopment plans, property acquisitions and assemblage, and development of public/private partnerships to drive new development.
This position will remain open until the needs of the city have been met.
Example of Duties & Responsibilities
- Implement redevelopment & TID activities in conjunction with City Administration
- Staff support to the Redevelopment Authority in conjunction with the Director of City Development
- Administer acquisition of blighted property for Redevelopment Authority and City
- Administer razing of blighted property for Redevelopment Authority and City
- Create redevelopment project areas
- Assist in the creation of Tax Incremental Finance districts
- Project management of infill development projects
Contact Tim Casey at email@example.com with any questions