One way to enhance your resume and boost your career is to obtain one of the prestigious commercial real estate designations – CCIM (Certified Commercial Investment Manager) or SIOR (Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS). Each designation entails qualifications tied to continuing education, portfolio and transaction volume, sponsorship, and years in the business. The Wisconsin commercial board of REALTORS (CARW) manages the administration for both groups and can be a resource for finding out more. SIOR recently introduced a ‘member associate track’ for members early in their careers and CCIM offers online and in-person education towards the designation.
Contact CARW at [email protected] for more information about designations!
The CCIM Institute is commercial real estate’s most influential professional organization, with members closing $200 billion annually in commercial real estate deals. For more than 40 years, the Institute has been building opportunities through its respected education program, led by established practitioners. CCIM Institute members are eligible to earn the CCIM designation, the industry’s most prestigious certification.
The Society of Industrial and Office REALTORS® is the leading professional office and industrial real estate association.
- SIOR has just under 3,100 members in more than 630 cities in 34 countries.
- SIOR represents today’s most knowledgeable, experienced, and successful commercial real estate brokerage specialists.
- Real estate professionals who have earned the SIOR designation are recognized by corporate real estate executives, commercial real estate brokers, agents, lenders, and other real estate professionals as the most capable and experienced brokerage practitioners in any market.
- SIOR designees can hold the following specialty designations: industrial, office, sales manager, executive manager, or advisory service.
- SIOR also includes associate members who include corporate executives, developers, educators, and other involved in the commercial real estate industry.