Commercial Real Estate pros shared insights on the reentry to the workplace on a pre-recorded webinar dated May 11, 2020. Kris Welsh (TWO-FIFTY), Jennifer Sweeney (Millbrook), Marilyn Herzberg (Greywolf Partners), Jenna Maguire (Founders 3 Real Estate), and Ben Juech (Coakley Brothers) contributed to the discussion.
Check out the link here: https://vimeo.com/418283402
Several key take-aways included:
- There is no one-size-fits-all approach
- In terms of best practices – this will continue to evolve
- Communication is key – with tenants, brokers, landlords and employees – you cannot communicate too much!
- Understanding your role in contributing to culture is important
- Top priority is that people feel safe and comfortable
- Sharing information is helping develop even better practices
- Listen to clients – what is their comfort level?
- Technology is helping get us through and will be with us when this is over
- Long term changes may include:
- Cleaning measures for common areas and office spaces
- Amenity Adaptations
- Office Reconfigurations
- Best practices
- Forum or town hall to let tenants know what everyone is doing
- Signage for elevators, common areas
- Survey to tenants about what they are going to be doing
- Workers returning to the office in shifts
- Be flexible
- Stay optimistic
Please check out the resources from our members and other commercial real estate best practices here: https://carw.com/openingwisconsincre/
If your company has a resource to share or add, please contact us at [email protected]