NAR’s latest Commercial Real Estate Outlook offers overall projections for four major commercial sectors and analyzes quarterly data in the office, industrial, retail and multifamily markets. Click Here for the full report.
- The pace of commercial transactions dropped in the first quarter of 2016, following an upbeat 2015.
- The volume of commercial sales in LCRE markets totaled $111 billion, a 20 percent year-over-year decrease.
- Continuing the trends from 2015, apartment transactions comprised the largest share of first quarter volume, with $38.6 billion in sales, followed by office properties, which accounted for $31.2 billion.
- Retail and industrial sales totaled $17.9 billion and $12.6 billion, respectively.
- In comparison, sales in SCRE markets rose 8.5 percent year-over-year during the first quarter, based on REALTORS® market data.