The REALTORS® Commercial Real Estate Market Trends measures quarterly activity in the commercial real estate markets, as reported in a national survey. The survey collects data from REALTORS® engaged in commercial real estate transactions. The survey is designed to provide an overview of market performance, sales and leasing transactions, along with information on current economic challenges and future expectations. Download the full report from NAR HERE.
- 66 percent of REALTORS® closed a commercial sale.
- Sales volume rose 8.4 percent from a year ago.
- Sales prices increased 5.3 percent year-over-year.
- Cap rates averaged 7.0 percent.
- The average transaction value equaled $1.4 million in the second quarter of 2016.
- 59 percent of members completed a commercial lease transaction.
- Leasing volume advanced 8.7 percent from the previous quarter.
- Leasing rates increased 3.7 percent over the previous quarter.