On September 10, CARW Members presented at the WRA (Wisconsin REALTORS Association Annual Convention at the Kalahari Resort. The panel discussion drew on insights from commercial real estate experts who discussed the state of the market, challenges facing commercial real estate practitioners, and the future of the industry. They also illustrated the depth and breadth of the deal team, prospecting and sales processes, and how commercial and residential real estate practitioners can compliment each other in the marketplace.
Among the many take-aways from the program included:
- “add value to the transaction by building trust with the client”
- “during the sales process, there are many decision makers that impact the final outcome”
- “deals can take as long as several years”
- “if a deal comes your way that is outside the scope of expertise, have knowledge about your counterparts who may be able to assist the client – the referral will pay off”
- Jennifer Delaporte, Pepper Construction
- Robert Dennik, VJS Construction
- Jay Lang, Lang Group
- Brian Parrish, Paradigm Real Estate
- Travis Peterson, Kapur Associates, Inc.
- Nate Powers, Cushman & Wakefield | BOERKE Company
- Moderated by Tracy Johnson, Commercial Association of REALTORS® Wisconsin.