The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Commercial Member Profile details the business and demographic characteristics of NAR commercial members. Commercial members have expertise in the field of commercial real estate and have experience working in many property types.
- Forty-seven percent of NAR’s commercial members are brokers (down from 59 percent in 2015), and licensed sales agents make up 31 percent (up from 24 percent last year).
- Sixty percent (up from 55 percent in 2015) respondents have commercial designations.
- Residential real estate is the most cited primary business specialty of commercial members and investment sales is the second most common primary specialty.
- Commercial members typically have been in real estate 20 years, down from 25 years in 2015, and in commercial real estate for 15 years, down from 20 years in 2015.
- Commercial members completed a median of nine transactions in 2015, down from 11 in 2014.
- The median sales transaction volume in 2015 for members who had a transaction was $2,931,000—an increase from the median sales volume of $2,916,700 in 2014.
See the full report from NAR (Realtor.org) HERE.