This 2023 NextGen Session featured a panel of Wisconsin Construction and General Contractor Professionals who combined make up nearly 100 years of experience. Thank you to Randy Scoville (Interspace); Kevin White (Berghammer), and Tim Klinger (Bear Construction). The panel was moderated by Mike Testa (Ogden). Afterward, the class was able to tour Ascent MKE with insights from a very special guest, Tim Gohkman.
A huge thank you to Newland Enterprises and Tim Gohkman. Special thanks to Bridget Hackbart and the NextGen Committee for making this happen!
Check out the Class of 2023 – HERE
Here are several takeaways:
- The biggest hurdles are materials costs (lumber), labor costs, and lead times
- Labor costs are set to continue increasing
- Lumber costs will start to decrease
- While technology has changed the way construction companies do business, there is no substitute for hands-on
- There needs to be a level of trust created between the construction company and the client
- No project is too small
- People never forget how you made them feel
- Always have a budget
- Get creative when there is a longer lead time