In contrast to the large cap commercial market transactions reported by RCA, most REALTORS® who specialize in commercial real estate managed investment deals averaging less than $2.5 million per deal, frequently located in secondary and tertiary markets. The Commercial Real Estate International Business Trends 2017 focuses on this significant segment of the economy and real estate markets.
- 20% of respondents closed a sale involving international clients/investors
- 60% of international investments were financed with cash; 34% of deals were financed with debt from U.S. sources
- 38% of REALTORS® reported that international clients purchased rental properties for investment; 35% acquired it for business use
- Over the past five years, 47% of survey respondents experienced an increase in the number of international clients
- 40% of REALTORS® who responded to the survey expect international buying activity to increase during 2017
Click here for full report!