The NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Commercial Member Profile details the business and demographic characteristics of NAR commercial members. Commercial members have expertise in the field of commercial real estate and have experience working in many property types.
- The typical commercial member has 25 years of real estate experience, 20 years of experience in commercial real estate, and has been a member of NAR for 18 years.
- They had a median of 7 sales transactions in 2017, down from 8 in 2016.
- Fifty-one percent of NAR’s commercial members work in sales and 16 percent in leasing.
- Forty-nine percent are brokers and 29 percent sales agents.
- The median age of a commercial member is 60 years old.